Night School – Frequently Asked Questions
1. Getting here
- By bus: The number 13 and 40 buses (ask for Inchicore library as a reference in either direction), and the number 68 bus (ask for the Southern Cross Avenue stop). It is a five-minute walk to the college. Look for the building on a hill.
- By Luas: The Red Line stops at Suir road and it is a ten-minute walk from there to the college. Cross Canal Bridge and follow Suir Road to the traffic lights. Turn left onto Bulfin Road and the college will be 300m ahead of you on the right.
- On-site parking: we have a car park and you are welcome to park here, subject to availability of spaces. All cars are parked at the owner’s risk.
2. How do I enrol?
- Enrolment is now online at www.inchicorecollege.ie/nightschool. There is no option to enrol in person or to drop in on the day. We advise that you book early for a class that you are interested in as places are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You will need to have access to a debit or credit card to book a class. If you have any difficulties with the online booking process, do call us and we can help you through the process.
- A 10% reduction in course fees is available to people over 66, those in receipt of social protection payments, and full-time students. Proof of entitlement to reduction is required and will need to be uploaded when registering and before paying for a course. When this has been verified, you will receive an email to invite you to complete your application with the discount applied.
- Some courses may be subject to additional VAT charges.
- The majority of classes run over a ten-week term. Dates, times, notes, and prices are all on each individual class page on the website. Those courses that have different times/dates/pricing/notes/ guidelines, indicate this clearly in the booking section for that course.
- For all courses that are 1.5 hours or 2.0 hours long, there will be a short break during the class to allow everyone to stretch their legs, get a drink, etc. Night classes are in most people’s downtime and it is really important to feel relaxed before, during, and after your class. Therefore, we advise everyone to arrive on time. Also, be conscious that there may be a class directly prior to, or following on from yours and be respectful of the transition times between classes.
- Please remember that Inchicore College is located within a residential community and we would ask everyone to be respectful of noise levels when entering and leaving the college premises and its environs.
- Safety protocols for the room that you are working in will be explained by the tutor during the first week of classes.
4. Health and safety
- There is CCTV monitoring the grounds of the building and the general lobby area. This is for everyone’s safety and the data is only used to assist the Gardaí in an unlikely event.
- Inchicore College of Further Education has a general health and safety policy and a specific Covid-19 policy for the college and night school and this ensures the safety of all staff and students studying or working in the building. These policies are available for viewing, upon request.
- There will be an identifiable First Aid Responder available on site and they will have access to the college Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and First Aid supplies.
5. Your data and privacy
- We request certain data from you when you enrol on one of our courses. We collect this information for a number of reasons.
- We need your name to have accurate attendance records for each class and for fire safety and insurance purposes.
- Date of birth is collected because we have a minimum age of 18 for our courses.
- Your home address is collected in case we need to post out any documents or information to you about your course.
- Your mobile phone number is required in case classes have to be cancelled/times changed at short notice.
- All of the data we collect is stored safely and is not shared with third parties. All information is password protected and can only be accessed by authorised college administrative personnel. The CDETB data protection policy is available to view upon request.
- Photographs may be taken by Inchicore College Night School for promotional purposes. Your permission will always be requested first, and you retain right of refusal.
© 2021 Inchicore College of Further Education