La Dolce Vita…the sweet life…and nothing could be sweeter than dining al fresco in Italy next summer. This ten-week course will cover all the basics that you need to feel like you belong in Italy. You will start with the alphabet, sounds, and vowels. Each week will build on different aspects of daily living. You will learn how to greet people, shop confidently, order food in a restaurant (just think of the pasta!), be comfortable looking for transport, and so much more. Your tutor is a native Italian speaker and a professional translator. She is looking forward to sharing information with you through Italian about Italian music, culture, traditions, and food.
– INTRODUCTION: alphabet, sounds, vowels, verbs: to be, to have
– UNIT 1: saying hello and goodbye, introducing yourself and getting to know people
– UNIT 2: talking about where are you from, what you do for a living, giving your phone number
– UNIT 3: introducing friends and colleagues, talking about family, saying how old you are
– UNIT 4: ordering a drink in a bar, asking where something is, asking for help to understand
– UNIT 5: talking about where you live and work, understanding what there is in town, understanding directions
– UNIT 6: understanding prices, asking for items in a shop, shopping for food
– UNIT 7: checking in at reception, finding a hotel room, booking ahead by phone
– UNIT 8: asking about public transport, booking tickets, checking travel details
– UNIT 9: the menu, ordering a meal, paying compliments
Paola is Italian born and bred but has moved to Ireland because of her love of this country. She is multi-lingual and is also a Spanish and Portuguese Freelance Translator. She is certified to C2 level and has both a Diploma de Portguês Lengua Estrangeira and the Diploma de Español Lengua Extranjera. She has a passion for languages and loves to share this with others. Paola has a very gentle quality that will encourage you to practice your Italian with confidence in class.